ART UAE CLASSES
The ARTUAE training was conceived as an incubator for critical thinking, art making, and creativity. It's this mission that drives what we do today, and that inspired our new series of programs. Immerse yourself in ideas and opportunities to see your world in new ways through art. Classes, artist-led immersions, and experiences can help you develop new perspectives and become a part of a community of learners unlike any other. In our studios and galleries, you can co-create artworks with artuae artists; on the streets of Midtown, explore the neighborhood with our experts; and dive deep into new concepts and new conversations with innovators and visionaries.
The Art Students League educates students in the language and process of making art. It is a place where anyone who wishes to pursue an art education can realize his or her full potential. Classes are based on the atelier system, where a working artist trains students in a studio setting. You can register and start classes at any time.
There Are No Entrance Requirements or Examinations to Begin Classes at the League
Students are not required to have had any previous art experience. Instructors in some advanced classes may require an interview prior to class admissions. Visit the League office at 215 West 57th Street (between Seventh Ave. and Broadway) and see what the League has to offer or call (212) 247-4510. You can start classes today.
Areas of Instruction – Drawing, Painting, Sculpture, Printmaking
Students can select from varied classes and workshops in six key areas of concentration. Classes and workshops are taught by working artist–instructors who represent a wide range of artistic philosophies and techniques and are practiced in working with students of all skill levels. Students also learn from their fellow art students. The Art Students League of New York also offers art classes for children. Click on a discipline below for a schedule of League classes in that area.
- Painting A wide array of approaches from realism to abstraction
- Drawing Artistic anatomy, drawing from life, design
- Sculpture Clay, carving in wood and stone, assemblage, casting, forging, and ceramics
- Printmaking Etching, lithography, wood block, silkscreen and photo-etching
- Mixed Media Three-dimensional composition combining various materials
- Welding Oxy-acetylene, MIG and TIG welding, plasma cutting
- Bronze Casting* The lost wax process, investment mold making and finishing techniques
- Seminars Exploring classic literature about art and artists and modern art movements.
- Children's Classes Children eight years of age and above may register in the children's classes, which are held on weekends and during the week in summer. During the week from September through May, no student under the age of 18 may be registered for morning or afternoon classes at the League unless permission is obtained from the administration.
*In addition to classes that teach bronze casting, The Art Students League of New York offers bronze casting services to currently enrolled sculpture students
Monthly registration and the League's commitment to low tuition help students receive the best training available without accumulating debt. There are no prerequisites for enrollment.