The work of Lucia Oliva, m ultitalented contem porary artist, com m unicates through an
intuitive and universal language, rich in astonishing scenic effects, m eant to have both an
em otionaland a conceptualim pacton the observer.
Herartistic m essage always culm inates in a trium ph ofjoy, a finalgiftto the viewer, offered through the expression of hum an values, experiences, situations, facts, hints for reflections, which constantly refer to herlove forlife, nature and the hum an being. She works on natural stone (often m arble and volcanic one): she is attracted by their shapes m arked by tim e or accidents and characterized by grooves or rifts, the very sources ofherinspiration, which she "sculpts with colour".
The artistoften creates sm allinstallations with m irrors and otheraccessories, to enrich the finalsculpturaland pictorialeffect.
It is alm ost as if her subjects got real life, em bodied in artworks rich in harm ony and m ovem ent, thathighlightthe "lightness ofstone".
She is a self-taught artist, who grew up loving m usic, dance and painting: after an early award-winning debut as a young painter, she went back to figurative arts in 2013, to proceed in herlong internationalcareerin the world of art as choreographer, dancerand eventorganiser.
Music and m ovem entare allherlife, they are everything to her: steps and words (she also likes writing poem s), strokes and colours m ix in hersouland geta shape, a colour, a size, a static or dynam ic condition, a direction, so that the artwork is already there when the inspiration arises.
Her original artworks have been granted a fast and ever growing success and appreciation, so thatshe was invited to m any solo and group exhibitions, in Italy as wellas in India, Dubai, Abu Dhabi and otherGulfcountries.
- 2015, Duo exhibition, Lucia Oliva and Irina Mozhaeva, "Inspiration", BB1 Business Centre, Dubai, (U.A.E.).
- 2015, Guest Artist at Middle East Stone, World Trade Centre, Dubai, (U.A.E.)
- 2015, Group exhibition, "Contemporary artists from Castore and Polluce", Il Collezionista Gallery, Dioscuri al Quirinale Theatre, Rome, Italy
- 2015, Uttarayan Art Foundation Gallery, Group exhibition, Vadodara, India.
- 2014, One day group exhibition and auction, Conrad-Hilton Hotel, Dubai (U.A.E.)
- 2014, Solo exhibition, "Thoughts on stone", Baginskaya Gallery, Jumeirah Lake Towers, Dubai (U.A.E.).
- 2014, Solo exhibition, Middle East Jewellery Show, Expo Centre, Sharjah (U.A.E).
- 2014, Solo exhibition, Wedding Fashion Arabia, Exhibition Centre, Manama (BAHRAIN).
- 2014, Group exhibition, Sikka - Art Dubai, Dubai (U.A.E.)
- 2014, Group exhibition, "Art beyond boundaries", Art Hub & TellUsArt, Liwa Resort, Abu Dhabi, (U.A.E.)
- 2013 – 2014, Solo exhibition, "Moods", The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Manama (BAHRAIN)
- 2013, One day group exhibition and auction, Ritz Carlton Hotel, Dubai (U.A.E.)
- 2013, Group exhibition, "Expressions", Hue Art Lounge, Manama (BAHRAIN).
- 2013, Solo exhibition, "Sins and Virtues", Milazzo (ME) – ITALY.
- 2013, Solo exhibition, Jewellery Arabia, Exhibition Centre, Manama (BAHRAIN).
- Permanent displays in Italy, Dubai (U.A.E.), Abu Dhabi (U.A.E.).
Press review and media
"Lucia Oliva, ASJewels - Inspired by Nature", by Jessica Ricci, ALKOUN MAGAZINE,
Issue 8, June-August 2013, pp. 126, 127, 128, 129 (Bahrain).
"The artistic journey", BAHRAIN CONFIDENTIAL, November 2013, p. 70 (Bahrain).
"Contemporary Art on Volcanic Sea Stones", 101 Things to do and see in Istanbul, EXPLORE 101 PRESS, 2013, 2nd edition.
Forthcoming: "Thoughts on stone", ART+PRIVÉ Russian Elite Journal, March-April issue (Dubai)
Works held by:
Al Ghurair private collection (Dubai);
Other private collectors in Italy, France, Canada, U.S.A., Australia, Dubai (U.A.E.), Sharjah (U.A.E.), Oman, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, India, Egypt, Philippines.
Illustrations for the book The Island of Pearl, Città Nuova Publisher, Italy, 1990
Organisation, in co-operation with the Italian Embassy in Bahrain, of the exhibition "The
Portrait in Renaissance Painting" (Titian, Tintoretto and others), February 2011, National
Logo creation and all graphical aspects related to the Italian Festival of Culture, 2011, BAHRAIN (www.ludicaantiqua.com/itfestivalbahrain)
1990, Genoa, Contest: Six big watercolours for educational projects in books for children press, 1st prize
- ART HUB Liwa, Abu Dhabi, (U.A.E.), 9th February - 9 March 2014
- Uttarayan Art Foundation, Vadodara, (India). 15Th - 28th February 2015